Saturday, January 5, 2013

/2013/

2012 was an interesting year for me. The beginning marked the end of my 3-year career in finance and an introduction to the world of fashion at Parsons, relocating to one of my favorite cities for a few months, and having exciting styling gigs. Other than these professional milestones of 2012, it was a year filled with self-realization and a personal mental and emotional movement towards positivity, gratitude, and a constant awareness that happiness is derived from my own thoughts/actions and the way I see life. 2012 marked the start of my continuous effort towards learning more and being happier.

IMG_0088
IMG_0070
IMG_0156 (2)
5
IMG_0184-2
DSC_0738
IMG_0232
IMG_3349

I'm not so big on resolutions, but I am a big believer in goals. I truly believe and feel that 2013 is going to be a great year, and this was the first time I actually wrote down personal goals with a genuine intention of fulfilling them by Dec. 31. I won't share them all (since I don't want to jinx it!), but here are a few things I'm looking forward to doing this year:

blog more, follow through with an old exercise regimen that I'll be reacquainted with on Monday, travel to at least 3-4 countries I've never been to, learn a new language, take a cooking class, take more online courses (MOOC), finally get a driver's license (yes, I have officially succumbed to the fact that I'm too old to not have one), express gratitude daily, and make a constant effort to think and act positively.

Happy New Year!

xo,
Pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment